I started a few weeks ago a general restructuring of Asterisk CTI. The new version, for which a release is tentatively scheduled for the first months of 2009, represents a revolution since the first version of the project.
The main changes are:
- Approach completely renovated: the configuration server centralization of services and enabled clients to be notified of calls, as well as the applications to be launched on the workstations.
- Software completely rewritten in C # with mono, using the GTK libraries. This will have a truly cross-platform software.
- Client called AstCTIClient, rewritten GTK and multiplatform.
- All configuration can be managed by software called AstCTIConfigurator. and will be stored in a MySQL database.
- The configurations will be saved in an XML file loaded at startup from AstCTIServer: this will make the server independent of any failures of the MySQL database.
- Multilanguage support.
Of course it is an open source project licensed under the GPL and I will provide short to load the source code of a special project page on google code. I await your comments, feedback and, above all, a participation in the project!
Tags: Call Center Systems | Voip PBX | Asterisk Consultant Naples | Switchboard Phone | Voip | Asterisk CTI | PBX | IP Phones | Networking | Linux
Development of IVR, call center systems, Voip PBX.