I started a few weeks ago a general restructuring of Asterisk CTI. The new version, for which a release is tentatively scheduled for early 2009, represents a revolution compared to the first version of the project.
The main new features are:
- Approach completely renovated: centralization on the server configuration services and enabled clients to be notified of calls, as well as the applications to run on workstations.
- Software completely rewritten in C # with mono, using the GTK libraries. This will have a truly multi-platform software.
- Client, called AstCTIClient, rewritten in GTK and multiplatform.
- All configuration can be managed by a software called AstCTIConfigurator. and will be stored in a MySQL database.
- The configurations will be saved in an XML file loaded at startup from AstCTIServer: this will make the server independent of any failures of the MySQL database.
- Multilanguage support.
Of course it is an open source project under the GPL and short I will upload the source code on a special page of the project on google code. I await your comments, feedback and, above all, a participation in the project!
Tags: Call Center Systems | VoIP PBX | Asterisk Consultant Naples | Switchboard Phone | Voip | Asterisk CTI | PBX | IP Phones | Networking | Linux
Development of IVR systems, call center, VOIP PBX.