I started a few weeks ago a general restructuring of Asterisk CTI. The new version, for which a release is tentatively scheduled for early 2009, is a revolution compared to the first version of the project.
The main changes are:
- Approach completely renewed centralization on the server of the service configuration and enabled clients to be notified of calls, as well as the applications to run on workstations.
- Software completely rewritten in C # with mono using GTK. This will allow you to have a truly cross-platform software.
- Client called AstCTIClient, rewritten in GTK and multiplatform.
- All configuration can be managed by software called AstCTIConfigurator. and will be stored in a MySQL database.
- The configurations will be saved in an XML file loaded at startup from AstCTIServer: this will make the server independent of any failures of the MySQL database.
- Multilanguage support.
Of course it is an open source project licensed under the GPL and I will soon upload the source code on a special project page on google-code. I look forward to your comments, feedback and, above all, a participation in the project!
Tags: Call Center Systems | Voip PBX | Asterisk Consultant Naples | Switchboard Phone | Voip | Asterisk CTI | PBX | IP Phones | Networking | Linux
Development of IVR, call center systems, Voip PBX.